Artist & Facilitator

I am a freelance artist based in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria in the North West of England. I have worked within the performing and fine arts for 20 years. Initally I worked within the theatre as a performer and on production. Then moving on to a street circus group that performed around the UK. I did my degree BA(hons) Fine Art at Uclan. For fifteen years I have collaborated with local arts organisations, worked on youth community projects and in schools running a variety of creative projects. I am currently a member of North Lonsdale Embroiderers Guild, Blue Tarn, a rural womens artists collective and Trident Textiles, based in Furness. I am always working on a variety of small scale projects including photography, textile and mixed media. Although my favourite thing is meeting and talking to interesting people!


Saturday 15 May 2010

What a lovely day!




Went for a quick drive around Walney Island today in the sunshine while Alex slept in his car seat.  He was shattered as he had stayed at my mam's last night with his cousins.  We drove up to the lighthouse carpark but did not get to walk up to up as Alex was still asleep.  I took a few photos of where I was able to see the light house. Got some of of Piel Castle from there too.  My little camera is not good enough for far off shots unfortunately.  I now want to go back and do it again with the better camera and Alex awake!














Walney Channel from the Promenade






Walney Lighthouse on South Walney (image taken from internet)

No comments: