Artist & Facilitator

I am a freelance artist based in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria in the North West of England. I have worked within the performing and fine arts for 20 years. Initally I worked within the theatre as a performer and on production. Then moving on to a street circus group that performed around the UK. I did my degree BA(hons) Fine Art at Uclan. For fifteen years I have collaborated with local arts organisations, worked on youth community projects and in schools running a variety of creative projects. I am currently a member of North Lonsdale Embroiderers Guild, Blue Tarn, a rural womens artists collective and Trident Textiles, based in Furness. I am always working on a variety of small scale projects including photography, textile and mixed media. Although my favourite thing is meeting and talking to interesting people!


Tuesday 3 November 2009

It got there!

Just checked out online if the doll got to its destination.  It was delivered the day after posting!  That is good I can now relax.  On with the next project now.  Working on a mixed media painting for a competition next year.  Details to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pictures look good rach, x

Anonymous said...

rachel your blog looks superb

Anonymous said...

keep us posted on the paintings progress rach x