Artist & Facilitator

I am a freelance artist based in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria in the North West of England. I have worked within the performing and fine arts for 20 years. Initally I worked within the theatre as a performer and on production. Then moving on to a street circus group that performed around the UK. I did my degree BA(hons) Fine Art at Uclan. For fifteen years I have collaborated with local arts organisations, worked on youth community projects and in schools running a variety of creative projects. I am currently a member of North Lonsdale Embroiderers Guild, Blue Tarn, a rural womens artists collective and Trident Textiles, based in Furness. I am always working on a variety of small scale projects including photography, textile and mixed media. Although my favourite thing is meeting and talking to interesting people!


Thursday 13 May 2010

Photographs Around Barrow





Today I went around Barrow getting quick images for my 'Barrow Bags' idea.  The photograph is a starting point to make a 'iconic' Barrow landmark into a textile image.  A fun image.  There are lots of beautiful scernery around the area which I could use later but I want to try out town and dock stuff first.  My brother Eddy came with me and took a few himself.  He has done well with his own photographs and work lately through Signal Films of Barrow.  He is part of a collective exhibition at Forum 28 next week.  He has a short animation about a 'brain'.  One of the images is of Birkrigg Stone Circle with added extras in 3D.  It is really cool.  This image was used for publicity.  I want him to email me it so I can put it on here with a link.  In my Radio Cumbria diary I mentioned my brother and I doing the workshops and this is the result. The exhibition is called 'Classics vs Futurists' at Forum 28 starting Friday 21st May to Saturday 29th May.














No comments: